Awww…I’m so fortunate to have such good friends in the blogosphere! One of my besties is a cat named Shrimp from Hairball Express, who has kindly nominated me for the Wonderful Team Member Readership Award! I love reading Shrimp’s perspective on putting up with – I mean, living with – the humans of the household, and of course, their offspring (Creatures). My cats, of course, can totally relate to some of Shrimp’s frustrations; for example, when I momentarily forget that they are the center of the universe and I accidentally put my own needs ahead of theirs (you just heard five simultaneous tail slaps, didn’t you?!). But I digress. Thanks so much, Shrimp, for nominating me for this award! I will put some high-grade catnip in the mail for you post haste, and I would nominate YOU for this award had you not nominated me first.
I was able to track down the origins of this award (well, one of the first nominees, at least). To quote the creator of this award: “As bloggers, we are also readers. That is a part of blogging as listening is a part of speaking.” This is a lesson I have learned during the past several months, particularly with the A to Z Blogging Challenge this past April. Blogging is what you put into it! If you are looking for conversation and interaction, start by reading someone’s blog. Blogging is very much a two-way street…writing and reading, reading and writing. That’s where the interactions, conversations, and ultimately, the relationships are built.
The original rules of accepting this award are as follows:
- The Nominee of the Wonderful Team Member Readership Award shall display the logo on his/her post/page and/or sidebar.
- The Nominee shall nominate 14 readers they appreciate over a period of 7 days (1 week) – this can be done at any rate during the week. It can be ALL on one day or a few on one day and a few on another day, etc.
- The Nominee shall name his or her Wonderful Team Member Readership Award nominees on a post or on posts during the 7 day (1 week) period.
- The Nominee shall make these rules, or amended rules keeping to the spirit of the Wonderful Team Member Readership Award, known to each reader s/he nominates.
- The Nominee must finish this sentence and post: “A great reader is…”
My 14 Award Nominees* Are:
* I realize that not everyone does the blog award thing. Some people look at awards like chain letters that are more work and obligation than anything else. I am completely fine with that perspective, and understand it. However, I really appreciate the sentiment behind these awards, and I think it’s a great way to share other blogs and bloggers with your readers. Therefore, I’m nominating people that I feel deserve this award (whether you read my blog, and/or I read yours)…it is totally up to you whether or not you want to accept it and pass it on. I won’t be insulted if you don’t want to accept the award…I just want to recognize you as an important part of my blogging community! Also, I’ve previously nominated some of these people for the Liebster Award. If this applies to you, tough! I love you so much that I’ve nominated you again! ❤
- Sammy D. at Bemuzin – sorry, Sammy – I’m gonna nominate you for this one for all the love you leave me on my blog!
- Ava Quinn at Tongue In Cheek – ha! My last sentence in the paragraph above applies to YOU!
- Misty from Dancing in the Weeds – you’re so amazing that you get another award!
- Michelle Stanley – always sharing other people’s posts, you’re a great team reader!
- Marie at Every Day is a Miracle – we met during the A to Z Challenge and your blog is fantastic!
- Roxy and Tigerlino from Purrfect Kitties – always clever, cute, and supportive!
- Laura Barbosa – I love her artwork, and she let me post one of her paintings here for Fine Art Felines Friday!
- Stephanie Bird at Stephanie’s Studio – I also met Stephanie through the A to Z Challenge and have been blessed by her visits!
- Jay from Running In My Head – who very kindly just nominated me for another award (working on it…)!
- Michele from Angels Bark – I just love this blog, and the passion with which Michele advocates for animals.
- Sheena from Not A Punk Rocker – I don’t know if she reads my blog, but I read hers. Love the 80’s references and honest writing!
- Laurel from Alphabet Salad – Reading this blog makes me happy. I love her tangles – they are inspiring and creative!
- All the critters at Cascadian Nomads – Again, I don’t know if they know my blog exists, but I love reading about their travels with pets, and how you can safely do the same!
- Indywrites at Eloquent Articulation – I was mesmerized by her A to Z Challenge posts about women in India. Amazing.
- Tammy at Diary of a Middle-Aged Misfit – Again, a more serious A to Z Challenge topic (WWII), but incredible writing.
And finally, all I need to do is finish this sentence:
A great reader is…someone who not only loses herself in what she is reading, but also finds herself as well. She relates something about herself to the words she consumes, and connects on a very personal level with the writer. In the words of Marcel Proust:
Every reader finds himself. The writer’s work is merely a kind of optical instrument that makes it possible for the reader to discern what, without this book, he would perhaps never have seen in himself.”
28 thoughts on “I’ve been honored with the Wonderful Team Member Readership Award!”
Concatulations human! And thanks fur the kind mention! I know accepting awards is time consuming…. I have several other awards I’ve been given but haven’t yet been able to post about and pass on. I think most people unframed the time commitment involved though…. At least I hope so! I definitely don’t want to offend anyone! *(trills) *
Thanks, Shrimp! Yes, I was just nominated for another award a day or two ago…I knew I needed to finish this one up so I could move forward! I think you’re right though…I figure most people who have done these awards are aware of how long it can take. I usually let them know it might take a while for me to post about it (or that’s what I’ve been doing lately)! What I like about these awards is that they are not only a good way of letting other bloggers know that you support their blogs, but you get to share with your readers blogs that they might also be interested in. I definitely appreciate the nomination – it truly is an honor – and I love reading about your misadventures. 🐱 ❤
He he he…. I’m glad, human. God knows there’s enough misadventures around here!! *(tail flap)! *
Marci, thanks so much for nominating my blog. This looks like fun and a nice way to give back to readers of our blogs. I will get cracking on this ASAP! I also want to check out the other people/bloggers you’ve nominated.
Hi Stephanie!!! Thanks so much for posting on your blog about this award – so fast! You truly deserve it, and I’m looking forward to learning more about your own nominees. Hurray! 😀
Congratulations, Marci on another blogging achievement. Clearly you have connected with a great group of, um, cloggers (cat bloggers) and I have enjoyed following many of those you’ve recommended. Thank you SO much for including me in your award nominations, and I am already planning my acknowledgement of this honor :-). You continue to be one of my online treasures.
Oh, thank you Sammy! Cloggers…I love it! 🐱 You were first on my list of nominations for a reason…not only do you give me so much support and encouragement for my own blogging, I see you commenting on a lot of other blogs out there too, spreading the blove (blog love)! In fact, you’re responsible for introducing me to some of my favorite blogs – you’ve proven to be not only a great online resource, but a role-model for the type of reader and supporter that I’d like to be ❤
Congratulations on your award, Marci, and thank you so very much for passing on a nomination to me! You really made my day, and I appreciate your kindness. 🙂
My pleasure, Laurel! It’s just my way of saying thanks for sharing all those wonderful thoughts with the rest of us (LOVE the tangles!!!). 😀
Thank you! Lots of tangling goodness coming your way this Tuesday! 🙂
Great! Can’t wait to see it! 😉
Congrats on the awaed, dear Marci, and thank you so, so much for nominating us! It means the world to us! 🙂 Thanks for thinking of us in such a special way! You’re PAWSOME! 😀 Meow, Meow! ❤ Roxy & Tigerlino ❤
No, thank YOU, Roxy and Tigerlino, for giving me smiles and giggles when I need it! You bring happiness to the interwebs and it is very much appreciated. You two are super cute and sassy and I love it! ❤ 🐱
Awww, that’s so sweet of you to say, dear Marci! We’re so humbled by your words! Thank you sooo much!! 🙂 xx Roxy & Tigerlino ❤ ❤ ❤
Lol – I just re-read Shrimp’s nomination post and realized (remembered?) that you were on the list right below me! Well, just goes to show that there are several people who think you deserve this award! 😀
Thanks, sweetie! You’re the best! 😀 xx Roxy & Tigerlino ❤
P.S. Sorry for misspelling your name in one of our earlier comments! That's what happens when you type too fast on the keyboard… (*sigh*)
Congratulations on receiving the award Marci. You deserve it! Thanks so much for nominating me. It means a lot to me to be mentioned in your post:)
You are very welcome, Michelle! I love how supportive you are of other writers, and your commitment to contributing to the blogging community yourself. You deserve this award! 😀
Marci, first of all congratulations! I also want to let you know that my acceptance of this award is contained in the first two posts on my blog: http://stephanierosebirdstudio.blogspot.com, along with a heartfelt thanks to you and recommendation that my readers visit Fuzzy Undertones.
Awww – thank you, Stephanie! I shared the post with your nominations in it on several social media platforms, and I’m looking forward to reading their blogs myself. These awards sometimes do take some work, but it’s a great way to learn about other writers and expand your own blogging community! I’m glad you are a part of mine 🙂
Congrats. I like that thought about readers. A good story has the power to make me lose time. Thanks for visiting me on the blitz.
You are very welcome – I hope you had a great blitz day! Yes, I can’t imagine the world without books; we all need an escape, and books are mine and so many others. Thanks so much for stopping by! 😀
MARCI!! You are very, very deserving of this award! So glad you were nominated!
Summer is my reeeeeallly insane time. Both Urchins and The Man have birthdays, not to mention getting ready for camping vacations. So my comments and posts are fewer, but I rally in September!!
Thank you so much for the nomination. You’ve been very good to me! And this now gives me a reason to blog! I’ll try not to disappoint! 😀
You’re freaktstic! (freakin’ fantastic)
Ha! No, YOU are freaktastic, and you are just as deserving of this award as I am. I hope that you enjoy your vacations (and your summer – I have to work, and it seems like everyone else is off…all my friends are teachers…sigh…) and come back with some adventures to write about. I’m looking forward to reading all about them! 😎
Pingback: Wonderful Team Member Readership Award | bemuzin
Okay, first, congratulations to you for this much deserved award. Second, on behalf of all the Cascadian Nomads critters, thank you so, so, SO much for passing it along to us! This award and the super sweet nomination notice you sent are very much appreciated. The third thing is regarding that nomination message and how very, very sorry I am that I didn’t get it until today!!! I either never received an e-mail that you had messaged me, the e-mail it was lost in the massively full inbox(es) I had upon returning from one of my recent unplugged trips or, in the effort not to blame all of my shortcomings on technology, I just accidentally ignored it. Anyways, the discovery of your blog was one of the best parts of participating in the 2014 A to Z Challenge. It’s not always easy to find blogs and bloggers that to really connect with (especially for us pet bloggers- expanding outside the pet blogging world often frightens me… it’s like leaving the safety of my nest!) I do truly love awards because they are another way of discovering new blogs, especially ones that bloggers I respect and enjoy take pleasure in. So thanks again (and sorry for my belated acceptance again) and I am off to check out your other nominees. Yippee!
Oh, I’m so glad you discovered the nomination, even if it took a while to get to you! I just came back from a vacation, so I know that things can get chaotic. Wasn’t the A to Z Challenge great? I found and connected with so many great bloggers – it can be hard to keep up with everyone but I do my best. Your nomadic clan is truly inspiring – all of the critters seem so happy and your love for your family is evident in the care you give them to ensure their health and safety. And you show others that they can travel with animals, too!
Anyway, if you choose to do a post about the award (which I love, because I then get to discover even more great blogs), let me know so that I can read and share. Congrats – you deserve it! 🙂
Pingback: Blogger Awards – Catching Up, Once Again – Alphabet Salad