Ten reasons why I love Drew Barrymore
Today’s A to Z Challenge post is brought to you by the letter D! I know it’s kind of silly, but I’ve had a girl crush on Drew Barrymore for as long as I can remember. She’s only a year younger than me, and I’ve always admired her because she seems like a real person – she’s definitely had her ups and downs, and even though she’s Hollywood Royalty, she doesn’t take herself too seriously. She’s not afraid to be dorky or play real people in her movies, people who aren’t always beautiful and perfect. I don’t know – maybe I’m projecting my admiration onto someone without really knowing who they are, but from what I see, I’m proud to be a Drewbie! Here are only ten of the many reasons why I love Drew Barrymore:
- Drew is a great sport, and seems to be without the Hollywood snobbery that many movie stars are afflicted with. Watch My Date with Drew, a documentary produced by a guy with a huge crush on her, who has one goal: a date with Drew Barrymore.
- Drew is the godmother of Frances Bean Cobain, the daughter of the late Kurt Cobain and his wife Courtney Love.
- Drew is the youngest person to have ever hosted “Saturday Night Live”; she was only 7 years old at the time! She then went on to host SNL five more times.
- Drew (born Feb. 22, 1975) and I (born Feb. 25, 1974) are both Pisces, the best astrological sign to be.
- Drew doesn’t seem to care about being dorky, and even makes being dorky awesome.
- Battling world hunger has been an important cause for Drew in the last several years. In 2008, Drew donated $1 million to fund the Word Food Programme’s school food projects in Kenya.
- Drew is undoubtedly beautiful, but in many ways, she doesn’t embody the typical Hollywood beauty standard of being impossibly thin with perfect features. Yet she was crowned the No. 1 Most Beautiful in People Magazine’s annual “100 Most Beautiful People” list in April 2007.
- Drew’s struggles during her childhood were very public when it came to drinking, drugs, addiction, family instability, and recovery. She survived a lot of turmoil and came out on top, writing a book (“Little Girl Lost“) about her challenges at a young age, then continuing on to have a very successful career in film and directing with her own production company, Flower Films.
- Drew is an animal lover! She has been a strong supporter of the work of Southern California’s Wildlife Waystation.
- Perhaps the number one reason I love Drew Barrymore (even though this is listed as No. 10) is because she’s a fan of roller derby, as evidenced by the fact that she made her directorial debut with the movie “Whip It” and even did a lot of her own skating for the film!
You must be logged in to post a comment.