Oh dear. I’ve neglected you, faithful Fuzzy Undertones readers, and I am so sorry. But I’m getting into the holiday spirit, and I’m going to write a post that shares with you some of my very favorite things. Perhaps you will do the same!
- To-Do lists, specifically marking things completed (“post for Fuzzy Undertones – check!”)
- Completing my certification for Feline Behavior and Training through the Animal Behavior Institute. Three classes since March, over 100 hours of field work, and I only have one final left!
- Launching my website for Feline Behavior Solutions and becoming a first-time business owner (the website will be launched very soon – just a couple of minor glitches to fix).
- Fixing minor website glitches.
- Getting away for Thanksgiving. It’s never been one of my favorite holidays, but Chris and I headed up to Seattle to have lunch with his family, then we spent three nights at the Tulalip casino/resort. It was a much needed mini-vacation, and I am grateful for having such an awesome husby!
- Cats to come home to.
- Furry Friends. My work with them has been so rewarding and I feel like I’ve actually been doing good, useful and productive things with them. They are so generous and kind, and a constant reminder to me that there are good people in this world.
- The relief that comes with finding that the people for whom you’d like to purchase Christmas gifts have up-to-date Amazon Wish Lists (HINT HINT – GET ON IT, PEOPLE!!!).
- Zombie Cats from Mars! Have I told you that I’m going to be the cat handler for the feature film, Zombie Cats from Mars? It’s true. I’m not making this up. It’s for real. And the zombie cats are coming. You can help the invasion spread by visiting their kickstarter campaign (there’s a short film about the movie there). And if you want, you can watch this “behind the scenes video” that the producers made about the cats and, well, me. Full disclosure: a) I do not know what was wrong with my hair that day so ignore that, and b) I didn’t know that I would be doing any sort of interview, much less be photographed, so please ignore my general slovenly appearance and most of the words that come out of my mouth. I’ll let you decide which ones.
Anyway, I hope you all have a great holiday season. I’m pretty busy these days, with trying to get my business launched and avoid having my brain eaten by marauding zombie cats and all. But as you can see, I’m checking things off my to-do list, getting things done, TCB. I’ll get there eventually! And I’ll keep you posted 🙂