I’m soooooo happy that I’m on book 5 of the Game of Thrones series. Why? Because book 6 hasn’t been published yet. Which means I can get my freakin’ life back. Because ever since Kellie convinced me that I needed to read the Game of Thrones series, all of my free time has been held hostage by my NEED, my THIRST, my OBSESSION to read these books. Let’s see how my life has suffered, shall we?
1. BOOK CLUB. Ok, each month I’m supposed to read a book for book club. I’ve been pretty good about finishing books…until a few months ago. Each GoT book is between 800 and 1200 pages, which means that I have trouble reading GoT AND a book club book. Guess which one wins???
2. BRAINY GIRLS. Poor Brainy Girls. I haven’t had time to put the archive for the last issue together, nor write almost anything for this issue. Which SUCKS, because the theme for this issue is insects, which is awesome, and I’m running out of time to adequately cover the subject. Can I just finish this last GoT book already so that I can get back to doing quality Brainy Girls work, please???
3. ROLLER DERBY. Ok, not really. I’ve been able to stay pretty much on top of practices and events. Chris and I even went to the Rose City Rollers Hometown Championships a couple of weeks ago at the Rose Garden. It was awesome!!! HOWEVER, I did volunteer to set up and maintain the Storm City Roller Girls website (what was I thinking???) and that has fallen a little behind, too.
4. DIGITAL MEMOIRS (aka scrapbooking). My 2012 book is almost finished except for the covers and title page. I put in sooooo many hours working on that book and I just have to cross the finish line…however, finding out where Arya Stark is in Braavos is apparently more important than finalizing the record I have for everything I did in 2012.
5. OUR YARD. I will not post pictures. We have a guy who mows our lawn, but I’ve been meaning to get out there with the weed whacker for WEEKS. There are weeds in our back yard that are 6 feet tall. We have not planted our garden (except for the weeds). Shameful.
6. MY SLEEP. I’ve been sleeping HORRIBLY lately, and I suspect it is because I stay up late reading GoT. I wake up and think about GoT in the middle of the night and can’t go back to sleep. It’s starting to catch up with me.
7. HUMAN INTERACTION. I’ve become a recluse. My only social outlet is now online, and I’m behind at that (see above).
So, THANK YOU, George R.R. Martin, for hijacking my life. I’ve watched seasons 1 and 2 on Amazon and am waiting for season 3 to come out.
Oh, crap – are you kidding me??? I can’t wait to be done with your epic stories and find out how this all ends. I can’t wait to resume life as a regular human…that is, until book 6 is released…