Happy new year, everyone! It is with great sadness that I say goodbye to 2010, the Best Year Ever. Behold 2010, a year that sidled into my life without presumption or pretense, and now a year that has slipped away like grains of sand through an hourglass…these are the days of our lives…Wait – haven’t I heard that somewhere before? Dang, and I don’t even watch soaps!
But in all *seriousness* (because we all know how Serious I am), 2010 was a fantastic year. I’m left wondering how 2011 could possibly be any better, seeing as how so many crazy-rad things happened in the past 12 months. Like what, you ask? Well, how about the following:
- I met the love of my life, my dahhhling Christopher, and we went on many adventures, starting with a trip to the coast on Martin Luther King Jr. Day.
- I popped my Voodoo Donut cherry and learned that bacon makes everything better.
- My 36th birthday was marked by time with good friends, bellydancing fun and a titillating display of pasties!
- Ok, not so rad, but my doggy Teddy Bear finally passed on at the incredible age of nearly 17. He was a good pup, and I’m glad he’s finally at rest.
- Over spring break Chris and I experienced the stunning romance of grain silos (for real)!
- This summer saw my debut bellydance performance as well as some modeling.
- Chris and I went on an incredible cruise to SE Alaska – a trip of a lifetime, really!
- I confirmed that, in fact, the Alamo does not have a basement.
- There were no shortages of romantic weekends at the coast (including cheese).
- We became passport-stamped international globetrotters with our adventure in Vancouver, B.C.
- I moved across the river to Vantucky and got a brand-spankin’ new niece!
- I had a perfect day, which included Harry Potter, getting engaged, and Bela Fleck.
- Did I mention the new car?
So, can you now understand why I might be sad to say farewell to 2010? Yes? Oh, I know…your response is that 2011 will probably be even better. How is that even possible? Well, I’ll keep you posted on how that works out – be sure to check back soon!
P.S. – Did you notice how I kept last year’s resolution? I totally maintained this blog! I posted way more than in 2009…let’s see if I can keep it up in 2011!